Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ciao Venizia

Well tomorrow morning we head out for home. Our flight leaves at 11:20 Paris time (By the way Paris is 8 hrs ahead of Utah time). We survived the night train with little sleep, but it was an adventure. I really felt like Harry Potter in our little compartment. Venice was amazing, but not having the blistering heat has been nice for a day. Well we get in tomorrow at 6:something Utah time, and we can't wait to post more pictures. Enjoy these for the moment, before we pack up everything and head out. Love you all!


Om, the birds were terrifying. I ran to try and get away from them, but we still got pooped on, TWICE! ha ha, the joys of Venice.


The crazy shopping at the Rialto Bridge was great. It was crowded, but they had such fun things to sell. We saw alot of pinnochios and Venician masks.


We went to a little island in the Lagoon called Murano. We watched a man make little glass flowers. It was crazy to see it go from sand to a chandellier with just pliers and a fire.

Today after we got into Paris, we went out to do some last minute shopping. The metro was espeically crowded today, but for some reason the policia closed down the stop to the Champs de Elysses. It made out lives a little difficult, but we figured it out with our now great knowledge of the Paris metro.

4 comments:

Clear the clutter said...

You got POOPED on? TWICE??? Oh how funny and awful at the same time! I loved finally seeing a picture of all of YOU on your trip! Good luck with the flight home, I know you are all going to be exhausted. Call me when you get into the states, I am happy to come and get you if you need. Ciao.

Sisters staying connected... said...

I love that you got pooped on, what a memory! I want to go to Europe so bad! Can't wait to see you guys! Thanks for taking care of my husband for a few weeks! ...alison

Anonymous said...

What an awesome trip! I'm super jealous but you totally deserved a long break (this is Wendy from work).

NatalieHemingway said...

I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to see more pictures.