Thursday, June 26, 2008

Viola!!

Our computer finally works!! We have done so much so will just show a few quick pictures of all the amazing things we have seen. I for sure am tired, but I am sooo happy that this computer finally works!!!! Thanks for the prayers, cuz it's a miracle that we finally got through.





Notre Dame was amazing! It was overwhelming to see all the things you have heard so much about.




It was so exciting when we finally got to see the Eiffel Tower. We waited in line for 2 hrs, but it was so worth it! We had no idea that it would have soooo many stairs. Luckily we just walked down from the first floor, but it was a long way down.


Jessie, this one is for you. Right on the side of the Eiffel Tower you can find the name Caldiero!

Aaron would be so jealous. We saw the thinker!! It was so cool, we had no idea it would be here and then we just kinda ran into it.




Avenue Montaigne!! It was incredible!! I freaked out when I saw the Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton, Armani, and Fendi. It was all my fashion classes have culminated to.



There she is. It was near impossible to get a picture of it, but I dove into the mosh pit and was able to push the Asains away for a second. I hardly had time to look at her I was so busy looking through my camera.






Little did we know that we came when the biggest sales of the summer hit Paris. Every store in all of Paris has merchandise 30-75% off. It's the only word I know of French, but I know it well, soldes. Today was insane, and there were huge crowds, but we shopped. Mom even got herself a pair of shoes. Yay!

We love you all and can't wait to post more pictures!

4 comments:

Clear the clutter said...

YEA!!! It is heaven to hear from all of you, especially that you are having such a great time! I can't wait to hear all of the stories from all of you in person, but the post was wonderful. I am so proud of mom that she got some shoes for herself in Paris!! Why is your computer suddenly working? I guess I don't really care why, just thrilled that it is. The Louvre is amazing, glad you got to see the famous lady, I had to push through a bunch of Asians too, I feel your pain. You saw the Caldiero on the L'arc, pretty cool huh! I knew you would love Avenue Montainge!!! Hope you took lots of picture of the city tonight, it is amazaing at night. Love to you all and we will continue the prayers. I will call everyone to let them know you are alive and well.

Staub family said...

Great to hear from you Jessica! We've gotten about 4 hours of sleep and are now getting ready to deal with suitcases and metro stops to get over to Gare de Lyon train station.
We will hope that we can connect when we get to Venice...in about 13 hours. Will check back either later this evening or tomorrow, European time.
Love to all! Love, Mom

Clear the clutter said...

I thought NYC was the city that never sleeps, is this true for Paris too? Why aren't you sleeping? Hope the train ride to Venice worked out okay. Today was the zoo field trip. It was nice but HOT, we are all really tired, and I am hoping that means an extra long quiet time. I talked to Shu and Grandma and Grandpa, everyone knows that you are all doing well, miss you, and continue to pray for you.

Clear the clutter said...

We took care of unloading the truck today. All seems to be well at the house. Cassie must have been playing catch up, she gave Lucy 4 bones! We hope that all is well in Italy.